Please help!

My question:

I have a 5yrs old son that live with his mom but there’s no court order for the custody yet…that means that I have the same right to be with my son…My ex is asking to sign an affidavit stating that I promise to return my son to her at the end of the summer vacation….Is this letter affect my custody right in the future if she show it up on court?

looking for some help

Hi, canada here hoping someone else here is too, I have currently been with my b/f for the past yr and a half (known him 4 11yrs) he left his daughters mother just before we got together she thinks because of me, just kind a push for him.

She threats, harasses me and the such, just before xmas 99 she said he leaves me or loses his daughter (not even a ? there who he chooses, not a prob for me) well he had no other choice but to move back there to be with his daughter, our money situation was very tight, starting to get better, the conditions that were set by him, were they r not together, and he is only there for his daughter.

that did not last long, she immediately begin the we’re getting married, having sex calls again to me, we have not ended our realtionship (maybe not wise but) we keep it a secret and have to hide on the weekends when he comes up, she drives an hour to look for him, with the little girl, and drives around looking for him, yet she knows where he is, she has always been violent but lately the cops have been called from a neighbor of hers, everyone assumed it was him being abusive (but i am sure someone knows how that is) right now i am in the process of moving in 3 weeks so a little tight for money and no spae at the time for his daugther, but we would like some advice on how we can get her, we both work, r getting a 2brdm house aug 1st, i am just afarid of what his ex might do to either him, his little girl or me. She is in her own reality and is beginning to lose control even more, Any advice from my very long message is very much appreciated.

Thanks if you made it this far.

No Justice, No Peace

Welcome to the Club!

Sadly enough you are on your own. These clubs are mostly a “Vent your frustration” place, although if you are lucky and find some similar situation that someone has gone through, you may get some decent advice. I am not putting down the clubs, I am just letting you know that it will be almost impossible to find a way to rush your case and save money or find financial help.

The truth is it’s a bumpy ride, your lawyer is the pilot, and you have no idea how to land the plane if he passes out.

The real solutions to many of the injustices suffered by Fathers can only be achieved by uniting and fighting (peacefully) for our rights and our children’s rights. Of course, if you try anything like this you will just be discouraged.

It is a shame to see how women get together for their rights, african-americans join together, mothers join for gun safety, and even Cubans for a little Cuban boy, but Fathers can’t even begin to get it together for their own Children.

I see everyone fighting for every little reason except for their most important little reasons, their children.

If you are just starting your case, the best thing you can do is be strong for your children, be patient because it WILL be frustrating, and always have a positive and loving attitude around your children. Do Not bring up your hate for the woman and the situation out to them so they can see that your world revolves around them and that they are all that matters.

New Member Here

Hi My name is Matt. I have 3 kids. Girl(9), Boy(8) I have full custody of those two. I have a 4.5 yr old daughter with a woman I was never married too. I live in La. And she lives in Ct with her mother. I am trying to prepare to take her to court. I have to take her to court in Ct. At this point she refuses to let me see my daughter. She is just being vindictive. I am married and my wife is a great stepmom. But my daughters mother hates her. She has told me that as long as I am in any kind of relationship with my wife then I will never see my daughter again.

I cannot afford a lawyer at this time. I needed about $500-$600 to pay for his services. I even had to take a cash advance from company (very fast service, btw!). Now I am trying to get legal aid in Ct to help me. If anyone is wondering I did sign my daughter’s bc. At this time all I have is phone number to call my daughter at. The mother has moved and will not give me the address. I have asked her for an address to send her child support. She tells me not to worry about that. That she has contacted the state of Ct and they will contact me. Well after a while and they had not contacted me,my wife and I found that funny.

So we called social services in Ct and they told me that they do not have a thing on me and that they cannot request child support unless she asks for their help. He also told me that since there are no court orders for child support and she has not requested their help to get it,that I am under no legal obligation to pay her child support. Well I have no problems with paying child support to her. All I want is joint custody or at least visitation with my child. I would like any advice/information/help that anyone can give me.

PS You can email if you want too.